Why was a moose on my screen?

SPG

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
This is weird. My G4 dual 1GHZ was left on over the weekend and when I came in to work this morning there was what looked like a little 30pixel tall moose grazing on the screen. I moved the mouse over to it and it runs off the screen. WTF?
It was pretty old looking graphics, like 8bit OS9 stuff but I'm running Tiger now.
The apps that were open were Final Cut, Extensis Suitcase, and that's it other than Finder and Dashboard.
The screen saver was turned off, but even then it was set to Flurry which ain't no moose. Anyone know where this moose looking thing came from? None of the designers have ever seen it on any of the other machines here.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
You're lucky to have spotted him. In the 7 years I have been using FCP, I have never seen this mythical creature grazing on my timeline. :eek:

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
SPG said:
Thanks! I just used the instructions to bring him back so I could prove to the rest of my coworkers that I wasn't imagining things!
i did it too. that was awesome!
now whats this Clarus [the famous Dogcow]

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
SPG said:
This is weird. My G4 dual 1GHZ was left on over the weekend and when I came in to work this morning there was what looked like a little 30pixel tall moose grazing on the screen. I moved the mouse over to it and it runs off the screen. WTF?
LOL.....I've seen it in action myself but never saw it run off...lol.

Bless