Why was it so hard to add future calender events on the lock screen?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by starstreak, Oct 16, 2011.

1. starstreak macrumors 6502

I noticed that the lock screen will only show a calender event that is currently active and not future events? If it's for security it already has a toggle to turn it off from the lock screen. I hate unlocking my phone and either going to the notification center or calender just to see upcoming appointments.
    I really with there was an option to display the next "X" upcoming calender appointments.

2. Wiggo macrumors newbie

It's a notification. If you want to be notified sooner, say so when you create the event. Then it will stay and count down until the event time.

3. starstreak thread starter macrumors 6502

I just want it to be there. Like getting up in the morning and seeing a 3:30pm appointment. I don't want it to appear 30mins before the event. I want it there so if I turn on my phone I'm seeing it.

4. trouble747 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm confused as to what "5 items" it's showing me. I've only seen one item, for the past two days, that occurs tomorrow.

5. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

To me it only shows calendar appts upcoming for the day (up to 10). I would like it to show multiple days if possible, and more than 10 items.

6. critic81 macrumors regular

For some reason on iOS 5 beta 7, i thought there was the option to display a certain number of days ahead. I believe this because my phone has it set to display today's events and tomorrows. I tried to go look back in the settings and can't find it now though.

7. flatfoot99 Guest

settings> mail,contacts,calender>default alert times ?????

8. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Mine shows calendar appointments up to 24 hours in advance.

9. spooky69, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

spooky69 macrumors member

Even with the screen locked you can ask Siri to show you your upcoming appointments and they get listed. Wonder if Siri opens up any security issues from the lock screen?

Just asked Siri where I live from the lock screen and up come my home and work addresses... not sure how thrilled I am about that.

10. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Turn off the Siri lock screen access.

11. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

Good Alternative, Thanks. just have to unlock the phone first (if it's locked with a passcode)

12. spooky69, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

spooky69 macrumors member

It lets me even with a passcode on the lock screen... It doesn't let me display recent emails while locked though - says it cannot do so while locked, which is good!