Why was MyWii rejected

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Acorn, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I think the app is called mywii. anyway i was wondering if anyone knew why this app was rejected. it suppose to turn your ipad into a wifi hotspot. wouldnt that increase sales in 3g service. it kinda sucks it makes me wanna jailbreak just for that app alone. its terribly useful.

The upload and download limits pretty much prevent this app from abuse. they should just release it.

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Because AT&T(or whatever carrier) charges you those data rates on the condition that you just use it for your iPad. AT&T doesn't want you to use other devices with the same plan, and Apple enforces this to keep relations with AT&T good.

For the iPhone, being able to tether to other devices, even though the software to do so is built in, still costs an extra charger per month on most carriers.

It does seem kind of strange, especially when your data plan has a cap, but I guess that the carriers figure that you're more likely to actually use up all of your allotted data if you share with other devices. They want you to have data plans for those other devices.

3. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Mywi also uses private api's and needs access outside of the iOS user level "sandbox".

4. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

ok thanks guys. the private api makes sense. i guess the att relations makes sense also. I still think its stupid though where there is already a data cap. if you go over that data cap its automatically 10 bucks. so its potentially more money for att. oh well.