iPad mini Why we need an iPad mini phablet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Blackberryroid, Oct 31, 2012.

?

Is there a need for a phablet?

1. Phablets would be wonderful

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. They are completely unnecessary.

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

Yes, I get it. Holding up your iPad to your ears is extremely ridiculous. I have seen some people putting their phablets on their ears and it's so oversized.

But who ever said it has to be that way? Speakerphone and microphone can work. For privacy, use Apple's earpods.

Won't fit in the pocket? There's a backpack for that.

For someone like me, this is something I've always been looking for. I'd totally dump my iPhone in a heartbeat if there's an iPad mini phablet.

What do you think?

2. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

I think you should rename this thread "Why I need..."

The phone format is already the lowest common denominator. Selling a tablet that requires a cellular plan will appeal to some, but doesn't have mass appeal (it would fall into Apple's "hobby" category).

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    "Phablet" looks stupid and sounds stupid. Illiterate.

Besides, you can find texting applications that allow phone calls to be made from an iPad.

5. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

Rather than push for these sorts of devices, we should be demanding interoperability between apps like Skype and FaceTime, or between the various instant messaging programmes, or perhaps a standard protocol that all video/audio apps *must* adhere to. Imagine that world instead, all your tablets would instantly become phone capable devices (assuming proper connectivity of course). AT&T and others would hate it, but we would all benefit in major ways.