iPad Why we switched from the iPad Air to rMini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Misskitty, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Who cares, there is a hundred threads on this.:rolleyes:

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Long winded dual author (why?) article, summarized as follows.

Author 1: I got the iPad Air.
    Author 2: Me too.
    Author 1: I returned it and got the Mini because the Air was too big for me.
    Author 2: Me too.

The End.

3. mcmul macrumors 6502

Indeed, people fuss too much.

4. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

Indeed!

5. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

yea srsly, who cares. both great products until u put them side by side :rolleyes:

6. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Yeah, it's all about individual preferences. There is no scientific reasoning for why people choose a mini or an Air.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Why do people think there's a large math equation to figure out which is best. Go with what you like. Who gives a crap what others think.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Then blog/post about it. I feel like if these people need to announce their buying/returning habits of everything then I question their need of validation throughout the rest of their life. I can't see any other reason to tell people in such depth why something was returned. If one person actually said anything informative that would serve as a real reason to avoid a product then perhaps I would take them halfway seriously.

:rolleyes: did you expect the rmini to totally mimic the iPad Air?

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I agree with this 100%

The challenge is that some folks have taken to exaggerate the differences to the point they've called the rMini "crippled", called Apple "insulting" and "ripping them off", "gimped", and all manner of hyperbole, leading some readers to question whether they should even buy an rMini.

It is a desperate cry for attention unfortunately. The best advice is buy it, use it, and THEN if you don't like it, return it.

10. Vladislav macrumors regular

:D :D that made me laugh :D

11. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

12. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

People are funny. A lot of folks, too many IMO, want to know that they have THE best product of a particular type. They can't handle the fact that there are other pretty good options out there. They may even go as far as to wish the other options would fail and be killed off. I read it here again and again even within the Apple product line. "Apple wouldn't dare put out product y so similar to product x. No one wants product y and it will surely fail." As if they are somehow threatened by folks having another option and that their own purchase now lacks absolute clarity.

13. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Me too.

:p

14. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

15. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

The best product is what you make of it. I personally do not see much gamut issues on my mini. I saw it when I held it next to an Air in store, but I don't carry the Air and mini at the same time. It works for me and that's it. If someone asks why I bought mine, I just say that there isn't another product on the market that is similar in size and works for me.

16. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

Good summary. Also irresponsible for people in this position to condone buying the Air to try it while waiting for the rMini. I'm pretty sure they could have figured out beforehand that what they really wanted was the rMini.

17. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Certainly because the crew socks had a wider gamut...

18. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

^
    Kim Kardashian's brother can easily explain the differences- pros and cons- between the two!
    He's in the sock business.