Why wont it sync?!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nouras, Oct 3, 2007.

1. nouras macrumors member

Carrying this on from the smart playlist problem post.

I've set my ipod touch to manually manage music. After adding music to it and when i edit song titles and artists while it is in the ipod touch (using itunes) it does not register immediately with the touch. I would have to sync it mutiple times before i can get it into the touch's head.. Waaay to many times sometimes. Another example is when i changed a movie to a tv show. It shows up in itunes under tv shows (in the touch directory) but on the touch itself it is missing.

Any thoughts??

2. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

I'm also having major problems with syncing my iPod touch. It won't recognise it and when it does sometimes it just comes up with errors. So here's what I do.

Go to "user"->library->preferences

then find the file 'com.apple.iPod.plist'

drag that to the trash..or if you're daring enough..delete it.

Now try again. It worked for me and it seemed to sort out any issues. This file will immediately be replaced when you connect your iPod up again, so you're not actually doing irreversible damage.

Hope that helped.

:apple:Matt

3. nouras thread starter macrumors member

thanks a bunch that helped.. but what still bugs me a lil is that it takes like 8-10 secs before it actually begins to sync.. is that normal?

4. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

Glad I could help.

Also, it takes about that long for me too. At first I thought it was my ancient 400 mhz processor, but since you experience the same thing, I reckon it's a software issue. Should be ironed out within a few updates.

5. nouras thread starter macrumors member

yup hope so.. together with the smart playlist prob.

Now i can finally get back to studyin lol :D