Why won't music render? Why does media disconnect?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by aatovey, Mar 16, 2010.

1. aatovey macrumors newbie

Hi,

New problem; when i open up an existing project - FCP stalls for about 10 seconds and then everything in my sequence becomes unrendered (red) and i get a "cant locate media" message. Reconnecting media does nothing. Scratch disks are set correctly. I'm not getting the usual MEDIA OFFLINE warning when i select individual clips.

if i try to render the clips, the picture clips will render but my song/soundtrack underneath will not. If i pull the song out and move it in the sequence, isolate it away from the other clips, then it does render. But I cannot make it render while it is part of the video - ie. while there are picture clips sitting on top of it.

I have played with sequence settings recently because i needed to make an NTSC DVD, but i have returned all my settings to normal. (I import HDV 1080i, i'm based in Sydney, AUS) I also use multiple hardrives for different project but always re-set scratch disks.

I use FCP 6.

Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What format and compression does the audio use?

Have you looked here?

What exact FCP and Mac OS X version do you use?

And is the video using the same settings as the sequence?

3. aatovey thread starter macrumors newbie

i use FCP 6 and im running MAC OS X 10.5.8

im actually thinking this could be a sequence setting problem, i can't SEE a problem but i recently had to make an NTSC DVD and since im Australian and shoot PAL i really had to go in and tweak my sequences on a trail and error basis... possibly my undoing?

all my video was shot using HDV 1080i and my sequence settings now reflect this, but perhaps there's something i've done wrong here.

i'm looking up your link.

4. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

for future reference... don't change your sequence settings ever! export a self-contained QT movie of your timeline (not QT conversion) and take that into Compressor and let it do the conversion for you.