Why won't my iPhone 4 unlock? Baseband question?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by redsoxfan626, Oct 28, 2011.

1. redsoxfan626 macrumors member

I never really paid much attention to jail breaking before, but I moved to Israel last week and now I want to unlock my iPhone 4 to use it with an Israeli carrier. I updated to 5.0 (which I'm now thinking was a mistake). I think my baseband is 04.11.08, if I'm looking in the right spot. Is there a way to unlock this?

I did the tethered jailbreak with Redsn0w and I have Cydia installed. I then installed Ultrasn0w, but when I put an Israeli SIM card in, it said "no service". How do I unlock it? Thanks.

2. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

Unless you use a Gevey sim, the only way to unlock an iPhone 4 is for it to be at baseband 01.59.00.

3. redsoxfan626 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help. Is there a way to downgrade to that baseband? And if not, will there be the baseband I'm using now become unlock-able eventually?

4. forcetactic macrumors 6502

You're kind of stuck because even Gevey won't unlock 4.11. Not sure if apple is still signing 4.3.5

5. redsoxfan626 thread starter macrumors member

OK, I guess I can't unlock it now. Since I've never really tried jailbreaking before, I really don't know much about how this whole thing works...Should I expect an unlock to be possible at some point for this baseband? Or will I never be able to unlock it?

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Since you update to OS5 as well as baseband 04.11. You are SOL, there isn't any option for you at this moment including Gevey sim.

----------

Apple has stopped signing 4.3.5 more than a week ago.

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

There's no way to tell what might eventually be released, but it's been more than a year since the last software unlock came out. If it were my decision to make, I'd sell the current phone and buy a factory unlocked one.

Sorry.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If unlocking was important to you, why did you upgrade?

10. TheComposer macrumors member

Didn't you read he've never been interested into JB? These people...