Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigdawg4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Did you try asking it?

Maybe if you can provide some details as to what happens. I set reminders on the Apple Watch with Siri regularly.

"Set a reminder for tomorrow at 4PM"
"What do you want to be reminded about?"
"It's not an iWatch"
When I ask Siri to remind me to do something the iWatch says that I need will need to add an app to set reminders. I have my iWatch paired with my iPhone and I have set up my watch using iWatch app on my iPhone.

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
When I ask Siri to remind me to do something the iWatch says that I need will need to add an app to set reminders. I have my iWatch paired with my iPhone and I have set up my watch using iWatch app on my iPhone.
How are you asking Siri? Can you give examples? if you ask in the wrong way it might think you are asking for something else.

Requests that work for me....
"HeySiri, remind me to take out the trash when I get home"
"HeySiri, remind me to do laundry tomorrow"
"HeySiri, add tomatoes to the grocery list"

If it is not working even then, try just restarting your Watch. Sometimes it can get a little confused and a good reboot clears that up.

BTW Apple sells the Apple Watch, they do not sell an iWatch. If you have an actual iWatch, that is the source of the problem, right there. 😊

Last edited:

Bigdawg4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
How are you asking Siri? Can you give examples? if you ask in the wrong way it might think you are asking for something else.

Requests that work for me....
"HeySiri, remind me to take out the trash when I get home"
"HeySiri, remind me to do laundry tomorrow"
"HeySiri, add tomatoes to the grocery list"

If it is not working even then, try just restarting your Watch. Sometimes it can get a little confused and a good reboot clears that up.

BTW Apple sells the Apple Watch, they do not sell an iWatch. If you have an actual iWatch, that is the source of the problem, right there. 😊
TY...I restarted both devices and re-paired, it seems to be working so thank you again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.