Why won't my Mac go online when my phone does? (video)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tekno, Jun 8, 2012.

1. tekno macrumors 6502a

This is driving me nuts and I don't know who to turn to (it can't be a fault with my ISP's wireless router - cos it does work on my phone).

Very regularly, my Mac simply won't load anything. It just hangs. No amount of restarting sorts it out - it just sorts itself out at some point (sometimes in minutes, sometimes after a couple of days).

Oddly, when connected to the same wifi, my phone never has any problems at all. Does that mean the problem is with my Mac? Even more oddly, when I connect it to my 3 Wifi dongle thing, it all works fine (I'm using that now).

I've posted a video here which I hope explains it all. Please help!!

2. davedee65 macrumors regular

davedee65

We were having a similar problem at work on our BT account using a BT business wireless router. The PC's were fine, as were Android phones but the internet on the Mac's and iPhones was next to useless. I tried everything re settings in router, changing channel etc but nothing worked. In the end I swapped it out for a Netgear router and all was fine from then on!

It could be the same with your O2 router?

Cheers
    D

3. tekno thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, thanks for this. At least I'm not the only one having issues. Although this sounds more like an Apple problem to me if its Mac and iPhones that don't work properly.