Why won't my MacBook Pro print to HP Photosmart C4680?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by he782878, Jul 20, 2009.

1. he782878 macrumors newbie

I've recently bought a package with my MacBook Pro that included an HP Photosmart c4680 printer. I've installed the hardware and would like to print but every time I go to print the status quickly turns to off-line and an exclamation point appears next to the printer. I printed a test page and the printer works fine with my Mac. It just won't let me print anything else off of my Mac. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my hardware numerous times but it doesn't seem to work. I am using a usb cable and it isn't too long. It's about a 2-3 foot cable. What else can I do? The name of the printer is correct when I go to print. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!:confused:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

When you say you've installed the hardware, you have run the install disc which came with the printer? Any change if you install drivers from here? You could also make sure the computer is up-to-date, and then reset the printing system by right-clicking in the Print & Fax preferences printer list before re-adding the printer or reinstalling the drivers.

4. ThomasW91 macrumors newbie

Thats odd, I got the same combo for college and I had it working in minutes.. :confused:

5. alasdair17 macrumors newbie

Mac Says Printer Off-line

My Mac was communicating fine with my wifi printer Epson SX600FW - suddenly it stopped. When I checked system preferences the default printer setting has changed - don't know how - corrected that but still won't recognise the printer. Plug printer in - no problem. Could printer sitting in sun have anything to do with it and how do i get it back in wifi mode?

6. shoufimafi macrumors newbie

1. Check all cables
    2. If cables are all connected, go to System Preferences > Print & Fax
    3. Delete current printer connection by selecting minus sign
    4. Add printer again by selecting plus sign
    5. This should reset the printer and get it back online

Mac OS 10.6.2
    HP C4680 Printer

7. bd403 macrumors newbie

bd403

8. alrich macrumors newbie

Mac photos printing

Trying to print a gloss photo from a mac,first of all go to file then down to print you should get a layout box, click to quality & media which will say plain paper click the arrow and that should give you a drop down to all your photo requirements (good luck) Alan