Why won't safari work on my Macbook pro?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sochet, Aug 6, 2009.

1. sochet macrumors regular

sochet

Hello,

I've had major problems with Safari 4 on my macbook pro. I first downloaded the beta and it just wouldn't work. I'd open the browser and the home page would load up fine, after that is when the problems would come. If I opened any other tabs and loaded a page, any page the browser would freeze. I couldn't close a tab and the tab I was on was completely unresponsive, if I tried to scroll, the bar would move but nothing would happen. tabs would freeze half loaded and in general it was pretty annoying.

I thought this was just a beta problem, but safari 4 ran fine on my mac pro.

I was still on 3 and pretty happy. But 10.5.8 has now upgraded my safari to 4 and it has the exact same problems. I've found an old dmg for 3, and I'm going to reinstall it after I take this MBP to the apple store (I also have a problem with writing DVD's so I figure I can have safari looked at then too)

I'm pretty sure it's some sort of software program, as the white macbook I had before this MBP did the exact thing too (I used migration assistant to transition between the two)

Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Thanks in advance.

2. BobZune macrumors 6502a