Why won't SMC Fan Control download????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SurferMan, Feb 10, 2011.

1. SurferMan macrumors 65816

I've tried every site on the 1st page of google for 2.2.2, and not even Cnet will work. Tried in Chrome/Safari/FireFox, won't start a download for SMCFC. Thought something may be wrong but nope, I download other programs and stuff fine, I just downloaded a couple movies too lol.

Go back to try to any of the SMC 2.2.2 links and not a single one works? what the heck?

2. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

3. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

i just downloaded it from http://www.macupdate.com/download/23049/smcfancontrol_2_2_2.zip
    maybe u have some sort of security which won't download certain type of files, but i don't think so.
    pm your email if you want me to send it to you.

4. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

Just sent you a pm thanks.

Yeh I tried that link again and all it does is open to a blank page and doesn't load, samething for Cnet, when it says "your download is about to start"... it goes to a blank page. But only when trying to download SMC, anything else downloads fine... makes no sense at all. :confused:

5. GGJstudios, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'd check ad-blockers to see if any of those are blocking it. Are you able to download other .dmg files?

6. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Orfeas0 email worked, opened the zip and installed no problem. I'll have to check on other dmg files, but I don't have an ad blocker running and other stuff downloads fine....really odd. I'm at the airport right now so I'll have to check dmg files.