why won't the play button on my iPhone go away?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AtrocityExhibit, Nov 4, 2007.

1. AtrocityExhibit macrumors newbie

the little song playing icon (next to the battery icon) won't go away. There is no song playing and If I open the iPod and hit play then pause it disappears but then comes back again a few seconds or so later when I'm doing something else. Anyone have any idea about this? I just don't want to worry this is using battery life or something.

2. (((k))) macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem. No battery issues though.

3. Ramsos macrumors regular

Ramsos

I had that problem too, I completely shut down the phone then restarted it and it went away. I noticed that safari would always crash when the play icon was there, after it was gone I had no more crashing.

4. JimmyDreams macrumors 6502

You need to 'close' the application. I don't know if it's a battery drain or not (I assume it is), and like you, I don't want the PLAY icon there if I'm not playing anything!!

To 'close' an application on iPhone, simply open the application, and then hold down the HOME button for 3-5 seconds. You will be sent back to the desktop and the application is closed. This works on any application.

Enjoy!!

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Supposedly your sposed to do that for all applications that you arent just closing out of, but quitting out of.

6. Ramsos macrumors regular

Ramsos

I made a mistake in my first post, I actually had to reset my iPhone to get rid of that annoying problem. I never had that problem until I did the last update. You can reset your iPhone in settings, you will loose all of our favorites but it's worth doing.