why won't the play button on my iPhone go away?

AtrocityExhibit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
NJ
the little song playing icon (next to the battery icon) won't go away. There is no song playing and If I open the iPod and hit play then pause it disappears but then comes back again a few seconds or so later when I'm doing something else. Anyone have any idea about this? I just don't want to worry this is using battery life or something.

Ramsos

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2002
Oakland, California
I had that problem too, I completely shut down the phone then restarted it and it went away. I noticed that safari would always crash when the play icon was there, after it was gone I had no more crashing.

JimmyDreams

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2007
You need to 'close' the application. I don't know if it's a battery drain or not (I assume it is), and like you, I don't want the PLAY icon there if I'm not playing anything!!

To 'close' an application on iPhone, simply open the application, and then hold down the HOME button for 3-5 seconds. You will be sent back to the desktop and the application is closed. This works on any application.

Enjoy!!

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
You need to 'close' the application. I don't know if it's a battery drain or not (I assume it is), and like you, I don't want the PLAY icon there if I'm not playing anything!!

To 'close' an application on iPhone, simply open the application, and then hold down the HOME button for 3-5 seconds. You will be sent back to the desktop and the application is closed. This works on any application.

Enjoy!!
Supposedly your sposed to do that for all applications that you arent just closing out of, but quitting out of.

Ramsos

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2002
Oakland, California
I made a mistake in my first post, I actually had to reset my iPhone to get rid of that annoying problem. I never had that problem until I did the last update. You can reset your iPhone in settings, you will loose all of our favorites but it's worth doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.