Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BerlingerT

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2013
Amelia, Ohio
Display size and keyboard size. People with big hands could never hope to type on the keyboards optimized for the iPad Mini. There is also the concern with the screen size. Some people cannot see small text as well and others who have eye issues in the first place need larger displays so they don't strain their eyes.

I do agree that the iPad Mini is more useful and convenient than the full-sized iPad. I use mine at work every day. But, I do know why some people don't want one or shouldn't use one, as opposed to a full-sized iPad.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Display size and keyboard size. People with big hands could never hope to type on the keyboards optimized for the iPad Mini. There is also the concern with the screen size. Some people cannot see small text as well and others who have eye issues in the first place need larger displays so they don't strain their eyes.

I do agree that the iPad Mini is more useful and convenient than the full-sized iPad. I use mine at work every day. But, I do know why some people don't want one or shouldn't use one, as opposed to a full-sized iPad.

Convenient? Yes. More portable? Sure. More useful? No ;)

For me, I just like the solid feeling of the full size iPad and that screen. 9.7 inches is perfect for me. Phones and their screens are unusable to me and the mini, while a great product just wouldnt cut it.

The Economist

Suspended
Apr 4, 2011
Mexico
My dad tried both a mini and an iPad 2 and he preferred the 2 because of its size. He uses it as his only computer now: for work e-mail, reading news, playing games, FaceTime and Netflix. He also looks up recipes quite often.

FlatlinerG

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I use my iPad 2 every day. It's great for cooking, Netflix, light browsing, and simple games like Plants vs. Zombies. Don't really need the other features/benefits of the iPad mini or 4th gen.

BerlingerT

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2013
Amelia, Ohio
Convenient? Yes. More portable? Sure. More useful? No ;)

For me, I just like the solid feeling of the full size iPad and that screen. 9.7 inches is perfect for me. Phones and their screens are unusable to me and the mini, while a great product just wouldnt cut it.

It depends on the person, I suppose. I use my Mini for pretty much everything that I don't require my laptop to do. The smaller screen of the Mini is fine for me. Though, I am accustomed to using smaller screens. Aside from my current one, all of my previous laptops have been netbooks with small screens, along with gaming on portable devices with small screens, like the DS, PSP, and Vita.

As long as you're happy, though.

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
It makes no sense then that they kept the iPad 2 which has the same specks as the iPad Mini but discontinued the iPad 3 which only came out 7 months ago.

Dish Network sells ipad 2's with their "Hopper" package so they might as well keep it around if they are selling tons to Dish anyway.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Just bought new case for my Ipad 2 yesterday so i think i will stick with it for quite a long while.

the good? Ipad 2 can use Ipad 3/ Ipad 4 case, there are plenty to choose from. Ipad mini shouldn't even need a case. Why would u want a stand up case for a light 8 inch tablet. I used to own a playbook so i know what small screen really means. Ipad 2 screen is perfect size, u can pretty much use it as laptop replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.