Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
MS did the split screen email in the 90's
laptops have had the camera in the middle for years
i doubt HTC has anything to worry about

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
120829_htc_tablet_imac1.jpg

(for the lazy people)

You guys don't get it.
Apple spends tens of millions (if not hundreds of millions) of dollars on industrial design and focus groups.

Why would they do it?
So they don't have to spend the money.
Simple as that.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
From what I've read, there is no proof this is actually from HTC yet.

Is this confirmed as coming from HTC?

mcman77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2011
looks to be from HTC actually...

Personally without that lower 'handle' it looks like HTCs one x. but with that handle bezel thing, looks spot on like a minified imac! :D

that handle is a good idea btw....genuine at least

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
(for the lazy people)

You guys don't get it.
Apple spends tens of millions (if not hundreds of millions) of dollars on industrial design and focus groups.

Why would they do it?
So they don't have to spend the money.
Simple as that.

Not even close to being accurate. Apple spends very little on R&D and focus groups compared to other companies. Not saying it doesn't resemble a little iMac though.

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
Not even close to being accurate. Apple spends very little on R&D and focus groups compared to other companies. Not saying it doesn't resemble a little iMac though.

You are comparing them to a company like Google who gives their employees 20% "free time" to work on whatever they want regardless of the fact that 99.9% of those projects will account for nothing.

When you look at R&D spending in terms of actual products developed, Apple is generally spot on in releasing most of what they plan to develop/focus on.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I feel that monstrosity has to be fake. It looks absolutely terrible. The iMac looked good in it day and is due for an update anyway. Regardless I won't believe that until its marketed...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.