Why would they reverse scrolling?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by FooArk, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

To make it more like iOS. I'm used to SL scrolling, so I'll change it back in the settings once I get Lion.

2. JackSpearo macrumors regular

how can I change it back to normal scrolling (pre-lion)? I don't like how it's reversed now, driving me crazy...

3. syan48306 macrumors 6502a

syan48306

As with all gestures and settings, they can be found in the system preferences > trackpad > scroll and zoom.

4. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

Should be in System Preferences, under trackpad, and under the scroll & zoom tab.

[​IMG]

5. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

Uncheck "Scroll Direction" in System Preferences under Mouse (or Trackpad), as Mitchelino shows in the picture.

6. JackSpearo macrumors regular

mine looks completely different than that (probably cause I have a 2.2 Ghz macbook pro)...

but I found it, it's at the very top and says:

"when using gestures to scroll or navigate, move content in the direction of finger movement"

thanks for the help!!

7. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Maybe they set it like iOS by default so you would know that you have the option. I doubt most people who may like that scrolling method would have known it was there if it wasn't set by default.

8. davedude macrumors member

Open System Preferences

If you're using a Mouse:
    Untick "Move content in the direction of finger movement when scrolling or navigating

If you're using a Trackpad:
    Under "Scroll & Zoom",
    Untick "Scroll direction: Natural"

At first I also hated inverted scrolling. But after awhile, I started liking it better. It doesn't make sense on a mouse with a scroll wheel -- but on an Apple trackpad, it makes more sense than the old school scrolling.

9. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

It's worth getting used to. Horizontal scrolling will make much more sense and after a while vertical scrolling will be second nature.