Why wouldn't you buy a new product.......

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hankcah, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Hankcah macrumors regular

So I hear a lot of people say "I wont buy the iPad because it's the first generation (or release), same goes with first iPhone 4." I call non-sense....
    -If you really ARE into gadgets then you would get it.
    -the 'iPhone' has been around for a bit now, and feel the iphone4 is def better than first generation iPhone. It has a better processor and all that jazz. IMO, it's NOT new.
    -What's the worst that would happen,... can't make a call, get an email, then borrow ur friends phone for a call or whatev until you have a chance to go to apple store.
    -These "kinks" of first generation anythings, come with EVERY product on the market. There is always a known issue with software or hardware. Software is never complete.
    -Seems like "kinks" that people wait for Apple to fix aren't kinks at all, they are marketing ploys.
    -If you like the gadget, GET IT. (if not, then you prob don't have the money, OR don't really want it)
    -iPad having issues, no duh, it's an experimental product and somewhat cutting edge. I mean, heaven forbid if I can't read my favorite book or magazine? Really? Just get the iPad/iPhone if you want it.
    Does anybody else agree on the "kinks" excuse?

2. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

Some people just like to be the 'first kid on the block with the latest...' and some people are just more cautious. This is tempered with the 'actual need' for a product. For some, an iPad is perfect for their needs and they have waited for something like this for a while so they take the plunge having faith in the manufacturer that any problems will be addressed in a timely manner (yellow imac :eek: )

I buy based on price and need for the product and prefer to wait unless there is a immediate need. I bought a Nikon D200 DSLR camera the day it was first available (the next day it was back ordered for several months) - because I had a trip to Alaska planned and needed the features of the new body. That camera went back to Nikon a total of 5x for numerous failures. The battery grip went back 2x in the same period. Nikon eventually, replaced it with a new camera but I had almost 2 months of down time over 18 months. So for myself, if I don't need it now, I wait. If I need it I need it and take the plunge.