Why you should buy AppleCare.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zeosrule, Mar 18, 2013.

1. zeosrule macrumors newbie

Today, I received a brand new MBP. I did not pay a cent. In 2011, I bought a refurbished Late 2009 MacBook for about $700. I also happened to purchase AppleCare. As it turned out, my MacBook was very unreliable. After 8 repairs, I sent an email to Apple. I spoke to a Corporate Executive Relations manager for about two days and sent my MacBook in to Apple. She said that she would promptly issue me a replacement MacBook as it was under warranty. She did mention that they do not make any more 2009 MacBooks and that she would have to find an equivalent model and that she would call me tomorrow. So she calls me and says that she will overnight me a 2012 MBP. I received it today. So, for the $170 I spent on AppleCare (buy it on eBay) I got a brand new MBP. They replaced a refurbished, couple year old MacBook with a brand new MacBook Pro. That is why I would always buy AppleCare.:apple:

2. Macsonic macrumors 65816

Macsonic

Getting AppleCare is essential and important for one's peace of mind. Though we just need to be aware of Apple's rulings and restrictions as they don't always provide warranty on certain situations. Like if your laptop screen only has one dead pixel , Apple will not fix your screen as I think there has to be 3 or more dead pixels for Apple to provide warranty. My other friend's iMac had smudges, dirt in his iMac. But Apple also discovered rust in his iMac screen and Apple would not provide warranty as they consider rust as a user fault.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I never get applecare

You are paying a decent % of the machines cost for it and in most cases, never use.

I'd rather not get ac, then put that saved money towards whatever new mac down the road

Granted, I pay for things with my cc that effectively doubles the manu warranty right there free of charge

4. zeosrule thread starter macrumors newbie

Although your credit card wont give you a new MBP as a replacement for a refurb laptop :D