Why your MBP bottom plate isnt flush?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by miker2209, Nov 18, 2011.

1. miker2209 macrumors regular

miker2209

I just found out something ( to anyone that doesn't know it yet ).
    I took out my bottom plate on my mbp the other day to change the ram, when i put it back together it's not as flush as it was in the beginning ( doesn't fit properly, the edges are abit off )
    The reason was i thought all the small screws were the same but they weren't. Theres actually 4 screws that goes in the bottom that are different, i can't really describe how they are but they are :D the length are the same but there is a difference between them, just look closely :)

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

I've read a while ago that you must screw them back in a certain order, or else the plate won't fit correctly.

3. miker2209 thread starter macrumors regular

miker2209

you don't really have to put them together in a specific order, just the right hole. Here i have pic of the 2 screws
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the bad quality. But you see how the right screw is different? 4 of them are like this and they go in the bottom 4 holes

4. dave65 macrumors newbie

Is there a diagram showing which screw goes in which hole anywhere?

I did mine a while back and it felt a bit funny going back on. This is probably why!

5. miker2209 thread starter macrumors regular

miker2209

I don't think you need a diagram, just find 4 short screws that looks like the one on the right and screw them in the 4 bottom holes.

6. dave65 macrumors newbie

OK Cheers.

I'm on it soon as I get home from work...