Why

TSE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
am I always the one everyone tells their problems to?

am I decently attractive looking (and so I've been told), and have good personality, but no girl wants to date me?

am I cursed?

am I the "nice guy"?

can't I find a girl that I am comfortable losing my V Card to?

am I always the "nice guy"?

sometimes I just want to give up on all my design work and everything I have lived my life for and just coast through life?

I am intoxicated and am expecting answers in the morning...... **** this

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Lady here, let me offer a little perspective... A self-proclaiming "nice guy" is typically one of two things:

1) whiny
2) liar

So...

(marc)

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
the woods
sometimes I just want to give up on all my design work and everything I have lived my life for and just coast through life?
Relax, you'll sober up again.

am I always the one everyone tells their problems to?
Because you let them.

am I the "nice guy"?
Yes.

am I cursed?
No.

can't I find a girl that I am comfortable losing my V Card to?
So?

Lady here, let me offer a little perspective... A self-proclaiming "nice guy" is typically one of two things:

1) whiny
2) liar

So...
Seems like TSE is whiny.

chrono1081

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Chicks dig jerks. Kinda sad, but true.
This.

Its funny because girls always say "Guys are such *******s!" (girl TV shows portray the same thing), but in real life girls want the *******, they don't want the nice guy. Many girls WILL admit that, but some dont.

I know a girl who claimed "I don't like *******s I like nice guys!" yet she passed over a good looking, successful, nice guy for a dude thats been to prison, treats her like crap, and tells her other girls are prettier than she is and she stays with him.

Its sad to say but girls really do like *******s, and that one friend I posted about is FAR from the only example I've seen in real life.

Last edited:

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
(This entire post is "IMO"!) I don't think the "girls like bastards" (or 'nice guys finish last') thing is entirely accurate.

Rather, girls (generally) like a guy who's good at something; and confident, comfortable in themselves along with it. It could be someone who's rich, or good looking, or a sports player. Or it could be a guy who's intelligent, or well dressed, or funny, or eloquent, or creative, or is outspoken, or good with kids.

When a guy is excessively 'nice', people often interpret it as neediness, and a lack of confidence. Whereas a guy who is stand-off-ish, or not always available is seen as more of a 'catch'.

Guys are little different - many of us would prefer a girl who's a little coy than one who's begging us for a date.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Chicks dig jerks. Kinda sad, but true.
Nope.
I don't think drunk posting is a really good idea.
Yeah it is.

I agree with the above poster. Girls like guys with confidence. Most girls likely want a guy who can take care of them even if they don't need to be taken care of. Just knowing it's possible makes it nice. As for you TSE, don't let them tell you all of their woes. Bottom line is you'll eventually find someone and think she is the one. She'll likely not feel exactly the same and you'll be heartbroken. It will be one of many that you experience in life but in the end, you'll wind up with someone great and look back wondering why the others mattered to you as much as you think they did.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Do we really have to make grand generalizations about what kind of people "chicks dig?"

Life is a bit more complicated than this sorry cliche.
THIS ^^^^^:D

Thank you for posting this...I'm just so tired of the fallacy of over inclusive generalizations, but I was too lazy to post.

BTW: We haven't gone past calling women "chicks"??

(I just noticed...I did post anyway...:p :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I think your problem stems from getting girl advice on forums. This is after all like the 50th thread you've started about your dating stuff if I'm not mistaking posters.

chordate68

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Girls do like it when you're sort of a jerk to them. It's a very fine line.

Don't whine to them about other girls or problems in your life unless you want to stay in the friendzone. You have to exude confidence.

"Power is the great aphrodisiac" -Henry Kissinger

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
You know what? Every guy who can't get a date thinks they are a nice guy.

How about you try some different tactics? Change up the places you frequent, change up your activities, and change up your social circles to include more people.

Also, try to start making small talk with any and everyone. If you meet a cute girl while out and about, talk to her and see if she'd like to do something sometime.

I'd wager you don't or have never done any of the above. I mean, you know what the definition of insane is....so act on it

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
You know what? Every guy who can't get a date thinks they are a nice guy.

How about you try some different tactics? Change up the places you frequent, change up your activities, and change up your social circles to include more people.

Also, try to start making small talk with any and everyone. If you meet a cute girl while out and about, talk to her and see if she'd like to do something sometime.

I'd wager you don't or have never done any of the above. I mean, you know what the definition of insane is....so act on it
That's some genuinely good advice there, nice one duke :)