Whyyyyyyy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ThirtyThr33, Jul 14, 2012.

1. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

So I keep trying to put music on my iPod and randomly out of nowhere the songs I start dragging to my iPod gray out with the circular arrow icon and won't play or sync. WHY does this keep happening? It's so annoying. I feel I'm pretty tech savvy and this problem frustrates me because I have no idea what's wrong or how to fix it :( please help. I took a screenshot for reference:

[​IMG]

2. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

Doesn't that mean that the songs are still syncing?

I never use iTunes for syncing music anymore (I have Spotify) but I don't know why else it would show that.

3. Fresh Tendrils, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012

Fresh Tendrils macrumors regular

I don't get what the problem is here. :confused: Are you saying that it freezes when syncing and doesn't copy the songs? Because looking at your screenshot I can't see anything wrong. When you drag songs onto your iPod, you are not just adding those songs to a new playlist, it has to actually copy those songs to your iPod. You are not going to be able to play those tracks until the process is finished. In your screenshot the light grey tracks haven't actually been copied yet. If you leave it for a few minutes they will one by one change from grey to black as they are copied, and then you can play them.

If on the other hand the songs aren't syncing properly then I'm not sure what's up :confused:

4. ThirtyThr33 thread starter macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Sorry for the lack of details, I should have been more specific. But no the songs aren't syncing. If they were they'd turn black one by one and there would be a tiny circular arrows icon rotating by the name of my ipod on the left to signify that it's copying. It was copying just fine but out of nowhere the songs started to turn grey when i dragged em to my ipod instead of copying and turning black.

5. Minecraftian macrumors newbie

There might not be enough room on your ipod