Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lyubomir1001

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
well if it is a WEP protected router it works such as my neighbors :p

its not free either so why bother???

edit: it needs wep password... thts what i need first
i need to know that to get wep passphrase (passphrase and password are 2 different things)

Corndog5595

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Hmmmm.... then why does the link in your sig go to the McD's homepage?:confused:

Could I have some fries with that?:D

No, the link in my sig goes to a different McShitHole. That one doesn’t serve shakes, it a serves one Terrible .t35 sub-domain with a medium side of iWeb horribleness.

Martog

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2008
If you want Wifi mostly anywhere, then you need something like Verizon's MiFi Mobile hotspot, it uses a cell signal generate internet for a handful of devices over wifi. It's not free as you have to pay a monthly fee. AT&T seems to offer Cradlepoint devices.

It is not going to be free, live with it. Get a smartphone if you really want mobile internet on a small device all the time.

Lyubomir1001

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Stop.. Just stop.. You obviously don't know anything about a lot of things... What in the world possessed you to jailbreak if you didn't know what you were doing? Apparently researching different subjects is WAY too overrated nowadays...

Last i checked, a large percentage of people that know about these things are a bunch of nerd no lifes

its just jailbreaking.. i came to ask a question i dont know about
ur not expected to know.

Corndog5595

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Wow. There are certainly some real noobs here. I agree, you certainly don't understand what wifi is!

These kind of threads made me wish there was an FML for tech stories.

like:
Today, I was in bestbuy and I overheard a conversation. Some lady opted out of getting a MBP because the intel computer was in purple and the Mac wasn’t.

Last i checked, a large percentage of people that know about these things are a bunch of nerd no lifes

its just jailbreaking.. i came to ask a question i dont know about
ur not expected to know.
Nerd no-lifes make money in a tech-centric economy. People that don’t even know what wifi is will probably never go anywhere in this world.

cclarso

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2011
Macrumors Forums are unfriendly and unhelpful

I have read through this thread. A perfectly fine question was asked. Whoever made the thread should have been given a brief, friendly message to answer his question. Instead, he got bullied. Please refrain from belittling others. You should read through your responses and learn from them; some of them are just plain irrelevant.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have read through this thread. A perfectly fine question was asked. Whoever made the thread should have been given a brief, friendly message to answer his question. Instead, he got bullied. Please refrain from belittling others. You should read through your responses and learn from them; some of them are just plain irrelevant.

Meh.

nope.

Heres the thing. Wifi requires a router, and so if there are no routers nearby it is impossible. On iPhones there is the 3g/gprs connection which can be used as a link to the internet. So as you wifi requires a link with no wires that can be provided by a source. :).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apple iPod touch 1g 8Gb
Mac mini 2.48gHZ
Apple PowerbookG4

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
OMFGBBQ, where can i get the free wifis too!

Face it, the internet has to come from somewhere and you are going to pay someone to get it. Sometimes there are certain stores nice enough to give it to you for free.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011

Everything up to the point where the OP asked for the thread to be locked was fine IMO, they were reasonable answers. Anyway, when the OP starting insulting people what did they expect?

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
If you want Wifi mostly anywhere, then you need something like Verizon's MiFi Mobile hotspot, it uses a cell signal generate internet for a handful of devices over wifi. It's not free as you have to pay a monthly fee. AT&T seems to offer Cradlepoint devices.

It is not going to be free, live with it. Get a smartphone if you really want mobile internet on a small device all the time.

that is what I do (only with sprint) works great!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.