Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

le.bouch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Anyone know how / if Wi-fi calling will work with the Apple Watch 3?

Would be cool to leave my iPhone completely at home but still make use of Wi-fi Calling where the network coverage is poor..

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Any version of AW will do wifi calling so long as you are ok connecting only to networks that your phone has been connected.

I actually forgot my phone at home today so I'm relying on my S0 watch at work. Already responded to several texts and made a couple of calls. Works fine.

le.bouch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Any version of AW will do wifi calling so long as you are ok connecting only to networks that your phone has been connected.

I actually forgot my phone at home today so I'm relying on my S0 watch at work. Already responded to several texts and made a couple of calls. Works fine.

Thanks for the reply.

Could you explain this bit more please?

... so long as you are ok connecting only to networks that your phone has been connected.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Thanks for the reply.

Could you explain this bit more please?

There is no interface on the AW to join a new network. Instead, what it does is automatically connect to any network you have connected your phone to.

Reactions: le.bouch
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.