Wi-Fi calling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lwilliams, Jan 19, 2015.

1. lwilliams macrumors regular

lwilliams

I had a problem with Apple today and had to reset Apple ID password. Of course that was a complete 4.5 hour nightmare to get all the interoperability, handoff and such, working again. Took three Apple techs to get it going.

Anyway, they asked me if the Wi-Fi calling setting was turned on or off. It does not exist in my phone.

I am on ATT. Is this what the rest of you are seeing.....on ATT that is?

2. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

ATT does not offer wi-fi calling as posted above. I am on T-Mobile for my sim-free 6+. When I first acquired my 6+, I noticed wi-fi calling was deactivated on my phone. Once I got a T-Mobile sim for it, it was right there in the PHONE app within SETTINGS.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You were asked if WiFi calling was on, because having WiFi calling on disables the handoff features.

All of this is moot right now though, because WiFi calling is not available on AT&T (yet). So that setting doesn't exist on your phone and doesn't factor into anything.

5. lwilliams thread starter macrumors regular

lwilliams

Cool! Then I don't have anything to worry about. Just NEVER reset your Apple ID.....you have to re-enter 412 times on your Mac and Phone to get everything working again....:rolleyes: