Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iainmann

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
is it just me? But there seems no easy way to know that Wi-fi calling is active. I know you can pull down the action shade but wi if calling is not immediately visible on either the lock screen or home screen.

Update: Sorry...I should have said in the thread title and this post that I'm referring to the iPhone X.

Last edited:

IPadNParadise

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Before I had the ability to setup Wifi Calling (By getting a 7+), all my calls in my house would drop on my 5C phone. Cause in my rural area, I only had 1 bar in the house. Now with wifi calling on my 7+, there are no dropped calls in the house so I know without looking anywhere it is setup.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Guys this relates to the IPhone X. All the other iPhones shows the WiFi. This is all new and specific to the X

PopPop

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
I'm on T-Mo with an iPhone X. T-Mobile Wi-Fi scrolls on the left side of the notch as long as I'm on the lock screen, whether its locked or not.. It continues to show until I swipe up and then it goes to the time.

Sheldonsmith

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
On the iPhone X, just pull down the control screen (right horn) and you’ll see the VZW-WiFi designation on the screen....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.