Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I don't know about anyone else, but my 2011 MBP high-end 15" is constantly losing wi-fi connection every 2-3 minutes. It happened on an Upgrade install, now it's happening on a fresh install.

Any suggestions?

LunaC

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2011
I don't know about anyone else, but my 2011 MBP high-end 15" is constantly losing wi-fi connection every 2-3 minutes. It happened on an Upgrade install, now it's happening on a fresh install.

Any suggestions?

I had that last night as well (Early 2011 MBP 17), thought it was the storms coming in affecting the cable modem. I have to do more testing to verify though

scottfreeman

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
UK

Any suggestions?

Has anything changed since it was last working correctly? Any new equiptment on the network? Anything moved physically?

Try changing the Wifi channel of your router, or setting to a lower GHz frequency.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Has anything changed since it was last working correctly? Any new equiptment on the network? Anything moved physically?

Try changing the Wifi channel of your router, or setting to a lower GHz frequency.

Upgraded to Mountain Lion that's it. Looking at the post below before changing any settings.

Goto this thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1410516/

In there I made some posts that ultimately resolved my issue. Go to the end of the thread where I talk about Keychain, skip the IPV6 stuff.

Hope this helps!

Will do thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.