Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacGeek7, Nov 11, 2009.

1. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

Hey all,
    I'm currently attending a college in Indiana and they have Wi-Fi throughout the student center and the academic buildings on campus. However, I have not been able to connect to their routers for a few weeks now and I was hoping 10.6.2 might fix the problem but it hasn't so this is my last resort.

When I try to connect to the school's Wi-Fi, I am only given an "Connection Timeout" message from Snow Leopard. It doesn't let me connect to the routers at all. However, if I am in my dorm room I have no problem connecting to my own personal router or through Ethernet. Nor do I have a problem connecting to a Mac that is sharing it's internet connection.

I performed a clean install of Leopard (10.5) on my MacBook and then re-upgraded to Snow Leopard but was still unable to connect and I also created a second user account but that didn't work either. So I know it's not a User setting problem. It is either a System problem, AirPort card issue, or my campus's wireless network settings.

My specs are: MacBook 2,1. Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, running 10.6.2

Any input or suggestions is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Have you tried contacting your campus IT support? A lot of campuses require MAC address registration before allowing laptops on the campus-wide internet connection or some sort of security setting to be enabled. They could probably point you in the right direction if this is the case.

3. MacGeek7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I took it to IT shortly after the problem began and they tried / recommended everything I had already done. But in terms of having to register a MAC address our campus doesn't have a policy like that.

4. MacGeek7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

*bump*

This is the error message that I get.

Attached Files: