Wi-fi connectivity problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MontrachetESQ, Oct 18, 2008.

1. MontrachetESQ macrumors newbie

I just installed a Linksys wireless router at home but cannot get my iTouch to recognize it. I can see my network name on the iTouch but when I try to connect with my password, it says it is unable to connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Is the router a Wireless 'N' network? Try connecting after changing the settings so that there isn't any security, if it still doesn't work then it means your router isn't compatible with the iPod Touch (which can only use b/g networks).

3. wardev macrumors regular

It should be able to work...

A true N router uses a 5Ghz frequency

I have an apple base station and It can use 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz the same frequency as B/G

I assume other n routers can do that too

so i don't think that your router type is the problem.

4. wardev macrumors regular

It should be able to work...

A true N router uses a 5Ghz frequency

I have an apple base station (N) and It can use 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz the same frequency as B/G

I assume other n routers can do that too

so i don't think that your router type is the problem.

5. ridingforlife macrumors member

On your computer, you can have your network allow your iPod Touch to connect by using its IP address. You'll find this in the "about" section in your iPod under settings. It worked for mine. :)

6. MARTB macrumors newbie

I had the exact issue with my Linksys router and new 2G itouch ...the wireless security in the Linksys router has to change to WEP mode, mine was orignally set to WPA. Itouch will not work under the WPA mode. Works great now.

7. dahcheet macrumors regular

dahcheet

I know for the AEBS you can set it to ONLY N or mixed signal (B/G/N). If you were using the former you wouldn't be able to use the iPod Touch on that frequency. But the OP says he's using a linksys router and doesn't specify the type.

What settings are you using? Did you go into any advanced settings?

8. dahcheet macrumors regular

dahcheet

Incorrect. You can select what security you're using when you enter in your key be it WEP or WPA.