Wi-fi constant disconnecting / find

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Jayslow, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Jayslow macrumors newbie

I've had my Iphone6 running ios 8.0 out of the box for about a week.

This thing has major trouble finding and staying connected to wi-fi networks. I'm at home, which never has issues with wifi (my old phone worked great!) The phone will be connected to the Wi-fi network, then randomly upon unlocking the device it changes to LTE on the nav bar.

When i go into settings and click on wi-fi to see if it's connected or not... The choose a network spot continuously refreshes. There is plenty of wi-fi networks around my area. I don't understand why this has continued to happen. I have my home set as the default and everything.

What should i do here, is updating to 8.0.2 a good idea? I heard 8.0.1 was terrible...is 8.0.2 any better? I'm getting frustrated with this, as my first iphone :(

EDIT: I've done hard resets & Reset Networking options, which only temporarily fixed the issue.

EDIT 2: Upon writing this, i unlocked the phone again and its back on Wi-fi, What's going on here?!! so inconsistent.

2. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

go to 8.0.2..apple made one update mistake like 8.0.1 in how long..? 8.0.2 is specifically to replace 8.0.1 & it works.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

8.0.2 doesn't fix it.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Are you only noticing this when unlocking? If so, the phone disconnects when it goes to sleep so when you wake it up sometimes you might notice it reconnecting, but it should reconnect fairly quickly.

----------

Some people have noticed improved WiFi connectivity for them when they upgraded. So worth a try probably.

5. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

i didnt say anything about 8.0.2 & wifi problem, he asked if 8.0.2 was a "good idea" aka afraid cause of 8.0.1's problem i just said it works & is usable & improved over 8.0. there is also some people that do say 8.0.2 fixed their wifi

6. Jayslow thread starter macrumors newbie

It looks like it changes when i'm unlocking the phone yes, and sometime when opening safari. I could give 8.0.2 a try.

It disconnects quite a bit, like every hour or so. And it doesn't reconnect for about 10-15mins unless i reboot the phone.

7. Jayslow thread starter macrumors newbie

I just opened the app store and it disconnected again. It looks like it's happening every 30min - 1hour

8. HEK, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

HEK Suspended

HEK

Have you tried reset network settings?

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Will reset Wi-Fi, nothing else resets, you will need your Wi-Fi Router password.

If you tried that, upload 8.0.2 suggest using iTunes to do so, especially since you are having Wi-Fi issues. Don't want interrupt during software download from cloud.

9. z06gal macrumors 6502

I am experiencing this too. I was hoping the latest update would fix it but no dice. It is maddening :mad:

10. Einz macrumors regular

Einz

Still no fix with 8.0.2., switching to 2.4 band fixed my issue.

11. kennl66 macrumors newbie

same thing with my iphone 6. i googled the problem and found a fix for now, they said to disable your router's built in firewall. So far so good, no showing of LTE at home for 5 days now. BtW, my router/modem is Time Warner Cable Arris.