Wi-fi cuts out.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by maiden666, Apr 16, 2013.

1. maiden666 macrumors newbie

Hello
    Wondered if anyone has this problem,sometimes on my late imac 2012 the wifi cuts out.
    Just logged on now and it was trying to find a connection on start up.
    My iphone has the same trouble sometimes but my ipad connects straight away.
    Not sure if its apples fault or the router modern,any ideas on how i could see if my mac is okay,most of the time it is,but sometimes it loses a connection.

Ian

2. SingularityG macrumors 6502

SingularityG

I have this exactly same problem. Wifi of my Macbook Pro cuts out every now and then, while showing full signal.

I don't have this problem with my iPhone or iPad. In fact, I can connect to the internet through my other devices at the same time the Macbook Pro can't.

I have been searching the internet for answers and found out that everybody has the same issue:

They loose their connection, while OS X shows full bars and the only way to restore it is either wait or turn wifi off & on again.

:confused::confused:I also have found out that I can restore Macbook Pro connection by grabbing my iPhone as soon as it cuts out and go online.:confused::confused:

Some people went to the Apple Store, but geniuses only blamed their non-Apple hardware.

I am truly at a loss.:(

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

When posting WiFi problems it would help if you also mentioned your router / model.

4. SingularityG macrumors 6502

SingularityG

I am using TP-LINK D5D202, which I got directly from my internet provider. I've had it for almost a year now.

I have tried resetting it and setting it to an unused broadcast channel, but it did not help.

Disabled bluetooth, set MTU to 1400 in OS X, but no changes.