Wi-Fi Cutting Out

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JamesLJ, Sep 16, 2009.

1. JamesLJ macrumors newbie

JamesLJ

I'm using a Belkin N+ wireless router in the office in my house (where the DSL modem and main desktop computer are located) to provide wireless access to my laptop in the other rooms in the house. My signal has always been just fine (I bought the router in May or June), but here recently my signal has been weakening or even cutting out frequently. If I turn off Airport from my MacBook, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on, the signal comes back. Are there any fixes anyone knows of, other than moving closer to the router (like I said, distance from the router has never been a problem before).

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

are there many other wireless networks around your area? They could be on the same channel so causing interference. Have you tried changing the broadcast channel?

Edit* type in 'airport -s' into terminal without the '' and see if they are on the same channel

3. JamesLJ thread starter macrumors newbie

JamesLJ

I think there are. When Airport scans, sometimes quite a few networks pop up. Sometimes just one. I'll look into your solution today. Thanks for the tip.