Wi-Fi disconnecting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Caris, May 31, 2009.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Hey everyone.

My iPhone 3G's WiFi keeps disconnecting and going to EDGE, It's defiantly not my router as everything else works fine. I have restored the phone as a new phone and still had no luck.

Any advice?

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

It still could be your router. Try disabling all security and see if the iPhone will stay connected. If so then try different types of security or even different channels. I had similar problems and had to replace my router. :cool:

3. Archive macrumors member

Just wanted to add myself to the list.

In my case it is definitely not the router, since I have tried about 6 different places to join the WLAN.

Every single time, the iPhone connects and then jumps back to EDGE.

Have tried resetting network settings and restoring from a backup.

4. GodlyDan macrumors newbie

GodlyDan

My iPhone 3G did the same thing i tried connecting at several different places and restoring my phone but nothing

so i called apple and they said that it is a 1 in 100 thing and sometimes there is no fix for it they recommended going into settings and "Resetting Network Settings" after that it still didnt work so I sent it in for repairs...it just happens

5. SuPeR Mb macrumors newbie

The solution is quite simple

ok, I used to have this problem all the time all you have to do is switch ur router off then on again because there are two types of ip adresses 192.--- or 162.--- the iPhone can only connect to 192.---, most routers reset their ips for safety they might occasionally use 162.--- so all u all u have to do is reset back 2 192.--- this worked for me 100% hope this helps :):)

6. Archive macrumors member

no dice for me. router always was and still is 10.0.1.x. Didn't solve my problem...

7. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

I have the same problem here with two seperate 2g iphones since the 3.0 update. I know its not the router as all was working fine at work and with with my AEBS at home for over a year until the 3.0 update. So apple fix this!!!