Wi-Fi dropping out

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by KimHansenDK, Oct 4, 2015.

1. KimHansenDK macrumors 6502

Does anyone else experience that their Wi-Fi connection drops out for a few seconds once in a while? I did not have this issue with Yosemite. The speed is fine but then suddenly the Wi-Fi connection drops out for 10-15 seconds (sometimes a bite more) and then it works again.

Any suggestions? Is it just a bug that will be ironed out in an update?

2. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

Wifi working great for me. Only issue I'm having is downloading apps from the Mac App store & the iOS app store slower than paint drying on the wall.

3. arncalars macrumors member

No issue on my iMac with Yousee - Wifi is stabile.

But if....or when I encounter a slow or weak signal I usually restart my router.
    Simply pulling the power plug for approximately one minute and when it reconnects everything is fine and I forget it even happened.

Regards Lars

4. KimHansenDK thread starter macrumors 6502

Well...it is not like the signal is just slow or weak - it simply does not work for 10-20 seconds. After that it works perfectly (and fast) again. Hmm. Will try to restart the router, but I don't think it will fix it.

5. arncalars macrumors member

If not you might consider a clean install.

I have only done this once, mainly to get rit of downloaded programs I didn't use, since I don't want to download Appcleaner or similar.