Wi-Fi issue iPhone 6 (yes, another)

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
England
Hi all, please hear me out before jumping to conclusions.

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1.3 and I can successfully connect to the Internet (password is right and I see the Wi-Fi symbol) however, one second, a page will load fine and the next, nothing will happen at all.

I've reset Network Settings and tried a hard reboot.

Anybody have this issue before and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks.

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
Go into settings & Wifi on your iPhone select your network connection and then select Forget This Network. Next reboot your router. Then restart your iPhone and try to connect again.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi all, please hear me out before jumping to conclusions.

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1.3 and I can successfully connect to the Internet (password is right and I see the Wi-Fi symbol) however, one second, a page will load fine and the next, nothing will happen at all.

I've reset Network Settings and tried a hard reboot.

Anybody have this issue before and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks.
Why does everyone always blame the iPhone? Restart your WiFi Router. It doesn't matter if other devices work fine on it or not. Some weird things happen that rebooting the router seems to fix.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
England
Why does everyone always blame the iPhone? Restart your WiFi Router. It doesn't matter if other devices work fine on it or not. Some weird things happen that rebooting the router seems to fix.
So even though it's working flawlessly on my Mac you'd still suggest to reset the router?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
So even though it's working flawlessly on my Mac you'd still suggest to reset the router?
Troubleshooting logic says if other devices work fine than it must be the device. Believe it or not I had a similar situation before and for the heck of it I restarted the router and it actually resolved the issue so I made a mental note of not to assume because other devices work the problem must be the device.

I'm not implying it will fix your issue but you have nothing to lose by doing a restart (not reset) on your router. It's a 2 min process of turning it off/on.

Last edited:

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
England
Troubleshooting logic says if other devices work fine than it must be the device. Believe it or not I had a similar situation before and for the heck of it I restarted the router and it actually resolved the issue so I made a mental note of not to assume because other devices work the problem must be the device.

I'm not implying it will fix your issue but you have nothing to lose by doing a restart (not reset) on your router. It's a 2 min process of turning it off/on.
So far so good, thanks.

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
You should forget the network on the iPhone, then unplug all of your network equipment. Plug your modem in first then router. Then rejoin the network. I've had a similar problem with all kinds of devices and this power cycling usually fixes it.