Wi-Fi issue iPhone 6 (yes, another)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by SMIDG3T, Feb 18, 2015.

1. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Hi all, please hear me out before jumping to conclusions.

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1.3 and I can successfully connect to the Internet (password is right and I see the Wi-Fi symbol) however, one second, a page will load fine and the next, nothing will happen at all.

I've reset Network Settings and tried a hard reboot.

Anybody have this issue before and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks.

2. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

Go into settings & Wifi on your iPhone select your network connection and then select Forget This Network. Next reboot your router. Then restart your iPhone and try to connect again.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Why does everyone always blame the iPhone? Restart your WiFi Router. It doesn't matter if other devices work fine on it or not. Some weird things happen that rebooting the router seems to fix.

4. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

So even though it's working flawlessly on my Mac you'd still suggest to reset the router?

5. Armen, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Troubleshooting logic says if other devices work fine than it must be the device. Believe it or not I had a similar situation before and for the heck of it I restarted the router and it actually resolved the issue so I made a mental note of not to assume because other devices work the problem must be the device.

I'm not implying it will fix your issue but you have nothing to lose by doing a restart (not reset) on your router. It's a 2 min process of turning it off/on.

6. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

So far so good, thanks.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Sure thing. Keep us posted.

8. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

You should forget the network on the iPhone, then unplug all of your network equipment. Plug your modem in first then router. Then rejoin the network. I've had a similar problem with all kinds of devices and this power cycling usually fixes it.