Wi-Fi issue on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mz100, Oct 23, 2010.

1. mz100 macrumors regular

Ok here is the situation, I have an iPhone 4 that is supposed to be unlocked.

It was on 4.02 and baseband 1.59.00

I used tiny umbrella to upgrade to 4.1 without upgrading the baseband and it worked.

I got a Tmobile sim card, and cut it (not that great) but when I put it in to the phone it says T-Mobile, I can make calls, however the guy at the T-mobile store said that because the number is being ported it could take up to 24 or 48 hours for everything to work right.

So like I said i can make calls, but when I get a call it will not ring it will say my phone is off, also I cannot write/recieve text messages, even though I got an unlimited text plan.

Now, my issue is with Wi-Fi Ever since I put the Sim card in, under general Wi-Fi it shows the wifi unit we are using and says its connected however in the upper left hand corner their is no wifi signal, and I cannot connect to anything that uses Data.

I tried turning the phone on/off, resetting network settings, and still the Wifi will not connect. Can anyone help fix this.

2. bella92108 macrumors 68000

It's been like this ever since I got my phone... but it's more an issue of poor implementation of authentication sessions by a WIFI provider. Mine works fine in most places, but like when I go to certain hotels, etc, it authenticates, but doesn't fully connect, so you're left not connected, even though it says you are... kinda a messy issue, my 3GS never did it but iPhone 4 does it about 25% of non-home WIFI networks.

3. mz100 thread starter macrumors regular

man this stinks, But my brothers iPod touch 4G, and my dads evo, and laptop all connect, and before I inserted the T-mobile sim card it worked perfectly.

Also, I tried forgetting network and re entering password and that didn't work. You are having the same problem with your unlocked 4 tho?

4. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Yeah I've tried everything, even removing jailbreaking and doing a factory restore. "Free" wifi is hit or miss in general... but the iPhone 4 seems extra sensitive. I have a iPhone 4 factory unlocked (UK) on AT&T... I think the issue is universal, some people who connect to the affected wifi networks in question tend to notice more.