Wi-fi Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blairh, Mar 16, 2013.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Been having a strange issue with my iPhone 5. I recently had it replaced by Apple for a different hardware issue but this previous issue remains.

Basically a page in Safari at times will not load while connected to wi-fi. It just hangs but the wi-fi icon remains. Disabling wi-fi and then enabling it again remedies this issue, but that isn't a proper solution. This probably happens two or three times a day.

My router is a 5th generation AirPort Extreme.

2. 196josue macrumors regular

Have you tried connecting to wifi on a different router? I.E. coffee shop for free wifi and see if issue persists? If it doesn't, it may be either your router or Internet provider.

3. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

I'm never in other wi-fi areas long enough to see if it's an issue. I want to say it's not my router because my MBA does not have this issue. Or perhaps it's unrelated because it's another device category (smartphone not laptop)?

Nobody else has this issue?

4. erichess22 macrumors regular

Sounds like it's just the wifi you're on, the reason your mba would never have issues is because the wifi antenna is more powerful. That'd be my assumption. Have you tried restarting your router? and what is the signal like? This does happen to me too, not really much more not that i use chrome over safari, at least that I have noticed.