Wi-Fi Issues... Drops Over and Over

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by renewed, Oct 22, 2012.

1. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I have various devices (iPhone 4S, MacBook Late 2007 and XBox 360 Halo 3 Edition). My WiFi constantly is loss. If I put my computer to sleep, leave the house with the iPhone or turn off the Xbox, I have to connect them all over again. To do so can range from unplugging the modem, the router and restarting the devices. Sometimes I use the internal WiFi help on the Mac to connect or I have to forget the network and re-enter the password on the iPhone, Mac or XBox.

What gives?

I left my MacBook on today and when I get home it's still connected but my iPhone finds the router but just keeps searching next to it.

The DS light on the router is orange. It is Comcast Cable internet. My MacBook is currently using it (to type this) but my iPhone won't connect to it (although it sees it).

The modem is from Comcast, the router I bought at Target and it is a Belkin.

Any ideas? Comcast technical support says unplug for 30 seconds etc. I need real help.

2. renewed thread starter macrumors 68040

renewed

I think I solved it by changing the channel. Too much interference from other networks.