Wi-Fi iTunes Purchased Songs Didn't Sync to Computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timotheezz, Sep 29, 2007.

1. timotheezz macrumors regular

I bought an album on my iPhone with the new Wi-Fi iTunes Store after I updated my phone to 1.1.1

I synced my phone. Lo and behold, my PURCHASED songs from my iPhone were not synced back to my PowerBook.

Am I doing something wrong? Was I supposed to click something in order for the transfer to occur?

Please help.

Thanks.

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You have to do it manually. In iTunes, click File then transfer purchases from iPhone. It's very quick.

3. apb3 macrumors regular

apb3

aaaahhhhh

Thanks you two! Did a quick search on this and and was glad to see I wasn't the only one with this lapse in memory.

I was messing around with every pref and option EXCEPT the right one...

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I had the same problem, but Apple's website said it's supposed to happen automatically when you plug your phone in. So I hit the sync buttonagain and they started to download.

5. apb3 macrumors regular

apb3

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Works fine whenever I pop my iPhone into the dock. =\

7. sanford macrumors 65816

There's a setting to do it auto for iPods. Assume same for iPhone.

UPDATE: I think it's one of those iPod or iPhone settings, depending on which unique device connected, you have to set while the device is connected. So the first time you dock your iPhone, the auto feature won't be set, so it will sync but not copy the purchases. You should be able to find the checkbox setting, like "Always copy new purchased music from iPhone to iTunes Library" in the configuration tabs for each iPhone (or iPod touch) you sync with iTunes on that one computer. But you'll have to dock it first, then copy manually, then set the pref, or just set it after it syncs and do a manual sync again, or just wait until the next time you dock.