Wi-Fi Music Store question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghall, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Can you use iTunes gift credit in the WiFi music store? I don't like using my debit card to buy music, I only use gift cards.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I believe the WiFi Music Store uses the default account settings you have in iTunes.

3. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Does anyone know if it's possible to download podcasts via wifi iTunes? I think this would be a nice feature.

4. gotzero macrumors 68040

It does not seem like it. Probably because it is not revenue generating. I find it really petty and annoying, as that is all I use itunes for, and the only reason I would like it on the phone.

I do not like that anyone can jump on my phone, start playing with it, and be downloading stuff that I get charged for. As far as I can tell, there is no way to hide the icon or turn it off at this point.

5. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

It should work.
    You just have to put the gift card on iTunes on your computer.
    Think about it... when you get a gift card, you just load that balance into iTunes, and it doesn't ask whether you want to use the gift card when you choose to purchase something, it just deducts it from there.

6. timmmmyboy macrumors newbie

Mine asks for the password to my Apple account to download music. I believe this is a default iTunes setting. Of course this may be a hassle if you download a lot of music and have to enter your password everytime but it would prevent the situation you describe.

7. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

keep in mind that some sites like espn have streaming podcasts designed just for the iPhone.

For your podcast listening pleasure:

Fire it up on your iPhone for best results.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/iphone/#___1__