Wi-Fi Not Automatically Changing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IlliniGuy76, Sep 19, 2014.

1. IlliniGuy76 macrumors regular

I just got my iPhone 6 and I'm noticing that my Wi-Fi connection is not changing when I'm moving. Meaning... I live near my Aunt and I have both Wi-Fi settings/passwords saved. In previous iPhone's, it would automatically move me from my Wi-Fi to hers when I was there and vice versa.

I'm now having to manually go back into the Wi-Fi setting and click on the correct network I'm near.

Help?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Reset your network settings. Warning: This will reset all saved wireless encryption keys and forget all networks.

3. IlliniGuy76 thread starter macrumors regular

This is still happening even after doing this....

Am I missing something?

----------

Now it actually did, but it's incredibly slow to do so... Something I'm just noticed on the new phone.

4. winterny macrumors 6502

WiFi Roaming was never intended to work the way you are using it with two separate SSID's.

WiFi Roaming is only intended to work when you have multiple AP's on the same SSID (and, they should have the same router behind the access point)

If it worked in the past, it's probably because your previous phone lost connectivity on your home WiFi when you were at your aunt's, and then decided to reconnect to the strongest signal.

Most likely, the iPhone 6 has a better wifi signal strength than your previous phone, so it is (unfortunately in this case) holding on to the weak signal for longer than you want it to.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

This isn't WiFi Roaming. IlliniGuy76 has two different networks with different SSID's and keys.