WI-FI not working during calls ONLY if using bluetooth headset? YOUTUBE VID!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w00tme, Jul 31, 2008.

1. w00tme macrumors member

Whenever someone calls me, I notice that the wi-fi status indicator had gone down to "only the blue dot at the bottom." My room has the wireless router in it, so it is usually full.

Anyways, I would try to access mail, safari or the app store and it just hangs. After I hang up, I have to manually turn the wi-fi off and then back on to get full bars, or I can just wait until the phone goes to sleep and turns the wi-fi off and back on after I wake it.

Does anyone else have this problem?

*EDIT*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQtvU8-xoCc

sorry for such a cruddy webcam vid. keep your eye on the very fuzzy wifi strength meter!
    it seems to only mess up with my jawbone. i also have samsung wep500 and it does not affect the wifi connection. i paired my sister's iphone with the jawbone and it does the same thing.

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

No

No.

You are either completely insane or your phone has a virus that has mutated.

Run, don't walk to the nearest firehouse and try to climb up the hole. If you fail, hold phone phone up and yell "I have the power!" until your clothes fly off and you're left wearing nothing but a chest strap, furry briefs and matching fur boots.

They hop one and ride your leather-clad *****.

3. w00tme thread starter macrumors member

Interesting reply... haha.

Well, I just called myself with my sisters phone and the wi-fi worked just fine. I only notice that the wi-fi isn't working when my girlfriend calls. Maybe this is a sign that I should be paying more attention to her when she calls and not surfing the web... or the call might not have been connected long enough to cause the wi-fi to stop working. :confused:

4. w00tme thread starter macrumors member

I'VE FOUND THE CULPRIT!

Bluetooth headset + Wi-Fi during a call = BAD

If I'm not using my bluetooth headset, (I have a Jawbone 2.) wi-fi will stay connected.

However, if i am using the headset, the wi-fi status indicator bar will shrink almost instantly to only the little blue dot a few seconds after I take the call and stays that way until manually reconnected or automatically by auto-sleeping and waking the phone.

Someone else with a bluetooth headset try it! :(

5. w00tme thread starter macrumors member