WI-FI problem on 4.1, Should I update?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mz100, Apr 4, 2011.

1. mz100 macrumors regular

iPhone 4
    4.1 jailbroken(greenpois0n) Baseband: 1.59.00 (Tinyumbrella)

I am on AT&T Prepaid so don't have 3G or any data on my phone. I go to school and the University has Wifi in all of the buildings so I use that.

However, for the past couple of weeks the phone will show the Wi-Fi icon in the top with a great signal, but when i update facebook or try and go to a website it won't update or connect.

The funny part is I will open up the weather and it will update the weather and show the correct time, but when I go to safari and type in yahoo.com it will show a bit of blue on the progress bar, but never connect.

Another example, I will open up google maps, and begin panning around and searching and it will show results for my search, and let me navigate around the map, but if I go to yahoo.com still no luck.

When I am in Safari and type in Google.com it will go google.com If I were to search on google: fox It will bring me the results, but when I click on the link or type in fox.com It wont connect. I attached a pic showing what it will do.

Should I update to 4.2.1 so I can keep Jailbreak and use Tiny Umbrella to keep my unlocked baseband?
    Or is there a wifi fix or sometihng in cydia?

Any other advice?

Attached Files:

2. crazy$hark macrumors regular

crazy$hark