Wi Fi Question -

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BennyK, Sep 24, 2008.

1. BennyK macrumors 6502

I have an odd problem and I feel it is just because I am doing something wrong. iPod Touch 2nd gen. When I go to work, I turn off wi-fi because there is a signal there but I dont want to connect there. When I get home I turn wi-fi on. I can see my home network just fine and I go to connect but I never get the ip addresses and all that jazz filled in on the ipod. Like the router is not assigning me a spot and therefore I cant connect. If I turn the iPod off then back on, then it usually works. I am able to connect and stay connected but it is not as instantaneous as I thought. Any ideas to what I am doing wrong?? I use a Netgear router with WEP 64 bit encryption. Thanks for the help

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Try not turning off Wi Fi. Unless you actually go into Settings -> Wi Fi and select your work connection, it will not connect to the internet at your work. Then once you get home it should automatically reconnect to your home network.

3. BennyK thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks I will give that a try. Is there an issue with battery drain by turning it off? Do other people have this problem with having a hard time reconnecting once you turn of Wifi?