Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Yeh each time I get home my iPhone auto connects to my home network-which is great. But when I go round mates I have to manually enter the settings in each time for his WI-FI details-can I not save them aswell?

efp1

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
UK
it should save the details automatically once you insert the password or details the first time.

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
it should save the details automatically once you insert the password or details the first time.

Yer it does, but I dont think ive explained myself well.

What I want is to be able to have say mates A, mates B, and home network settings saved. So if I went round mates B I could just open WI-FI settings and find mates B profile settings and log straight onto his WI-FI.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Yer it does, but I dont think ive explained myself well.

What I want is to be able to have say mates A, mates B, and home network settings saved. So if I went round mates B I could just open WI-FI settings and find mates B profile settings and log straight onto his WI-FI.

It saves all wifi settings for each network you have successfully connected to. Mates A, B, Z, whatever. No need to even go to wi-fi settings. It will automatically join known networks. Are these guys changing there network settings so the iPhone doesn't recognize it because otherwise it should work.

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
It saves all wifi settings for each network you have successfully connected to. Mates A, B, Z, whatever. No need to even go to wi-fi settings. It will automatically join known networks. Are these guys changing there network settings so the iPhone doesn't recognize it because otherwise it should work.

Ah right, didnt know that. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.