wi fi question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billyjoegibsonx, Nov 30, 2008.

1. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

Hi just got my iphone 3g yesterday. i love it! i got it on pay as you go. i live in scotland, UK. It says that i get 12 months Unlimited data and Wi-Fi. Does this mean i get unlimited access to wifi like btopenzone, the cloud, etc ? i know you have to pay for them. but I have a wifi internet network in my house. once my 12 months are up will i be able to use my own internet wifi free of charge or will i need to pay £10 a month for unlimited access again?

i wish they'd explain thingys properlly!

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

For the first 12 months you can use data on 3G, BT Openzone & The Cloud for no extra cost (its all included)

After 12 months you have to pay for this

WiFi at home is totally separate to these and can be used at any time (you dont have to pay o2 £10 for this)

3. billyjoegibsonx thread starter macrumors 6502

4. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

no problem, enjoy your iphone

5. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

wifi isn't free in the UK? the US has like public wifi networks anyone can use for free, i don't know if there are any wifi networks that charges because then they'd just be password protected.

6. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

BT Openzone & The Cloud are the 2 big providers of WiFi in the UK, they both charge a fee if you want to use them

Contract iPhones users get them for free
    PAYG iPhone users get them free for 1st year, then £10/month

Certain places offer WiFi (McDonalds/Starbucks) but I am not sure if its free or if they charge

Might be different in the bigger cities like London, but I very rarely see a WiFi signal unless I am at home

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It's just like our T-mobile hotspots and AT&T wifi networks. Some places have free wifi and some places you have to pay, it's just like it is in the US.

8. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

ohh i never knew that. i have verizon, so i wouldn't know about wifi networks too much concerning the iPhone. i do have a Touch and i have yet to see a network that charges a fee.