Wi-Fi stopped working.... is it the 1.1.4 update???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bnizzy, Feb 27, 2008.

1. bnizzy macrumors member

Hey guys,

For some very very odd reason, my Wi-Fi stopped working as of yesterday, after the 1.1.4 release.

I have a 1.1.3 JB 16Gb iPod Touch, and for no reason, my Wi-Fi stopped working on it from yesterday. I didnt change any settings, my set up at home hasnt changed, WiFi works fine on EVERYTHING just as it always has EXCEPT on my iPod....

has this happened to anyone eise??? or is it just me??

it connects to my WiFi router, but safari, weather, installer, NOTHING works...

HELP!!!

EDIT:::

hmm... maybe i''m just crazy or it was a glitch... but when i loaded up iTunes and said NO to 1.1.4 update and new itunes update, then after i left my iPod alone for 10 minutes, Wi-Fi started working...

very very strange....

maybe i'm just paranoid of the 1.1.4...
    now i'm thinking if its because of low battery the Wi-Fi didnt work? it was right around 20%...

could that be it???

2. BassistKing1 macrumors member

idk, ive used wifi before when ive gotten the low battery 20% and low battery 10% pop ups, but my battery was a bit higher when i started using the wifi (i think i was watching youtube vids or something).

the same thing happened to me too, at my brothers house though. ive connected to his router fine before, and my router at my own house, but last time i went over there, it said it connected, but nothing would load just like u had mentioned (safari, youtube, etc. cannot connect to server). when i went to wifi settings and clicked the blue arrow on his router, it had a wierd ip address, it was something like 169.168.1.03 i think, for sure it started with 169 though. and thats an invalid ip, which means it couldnt get an ip from the router, and made its own(well, thats what my brother tried to explain to me, but he didnt really know how to fix it. he started saying something about a dchp server and stuff, but i wasnt really paying attention lol, the TV was on :D )

3. LastZion macrumors 6502a

Mine stopped working last night, I haven't updated to 1.1.4 or anything. Maybe I will try and resync and see what the problem is.