Wi-Fi Sync/Autosync New Apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RolandNights, Feb 25, 2012.

1. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

I noticed that WiFi Sync on my 4S doesn't always work properly. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't get the WiFi sync option available on my 4S (grayed out). If I try to sync from my MBP through Wifi, sometimes it fails to do anything. Most of the time, when I download new apps through iTunes on my MBP, they don't automatically sync to my 4S even though I have the box in the Apps menu in iTunes checked off. For the record, all these features are working perfectly fine on my 2-year-old iPod Touch. Any idea what it could be?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Make sure Automatic Downloads is turned on for Apps on your iPhone AND your Mac.

For WiFi sync, your iPhone has to be connected to WiFi and plugged into a power source at the same time.

3. RolandNights thread starter macrumors 6502a

I had Automatic Downloads on both my Mac and my iPhone, BUT that tip led me in the right direction. I had auto-downloads to be done using cellular data. Turning that off allowed Auto Downloads to be done over WiFi instead. Thanks. :cool:

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm on Windows 7 x64 and wifi sync was so unreliable I turned it off. Too bad, I would like to use it.