Wi-Fi Sync not working: iPhone "cannot be found"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bonskovsky, Feb 17, 2013.

1. bonskovsky macrumors 6502

bonskovsky

I have asked about this numerous times. It's very troubling. I could even make a video about this if need be.

Why is it that when you select on iTunes
    [​IMG]

And then select on iPhone
    [​IMG]

Then you
    [​IMG]

Well, why does it say this when you unplug it?
    [​IMG]

Again. I ask. Why.

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Did you once synced via cable ? The time you activated the switch ? I think that setting needs to go via cable. After that wifi should be fine.

3. Spidder macrumors member

You have to configure your iPhone until you get to Wifi settings and after you chose your Wifi in those settings, you can activate/sync via wifi.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I don't think it is possible to sync an iPhone on Wi-Fi unless it is on AC power. Both my iPhone and iPad have always worked like this. :cool:

5. Skika macrumors 68030

Of course is possible.

6. serega macrumors regular

My iPhone sync without been connected to power

7. maxosx macrumors 68020

Mine sync wirelessly. Finally Apple's embracing modern practices

8. wxman2003 Suspended

I have that problem too. I have to completely close out itunes and reboot my imac. The other problem I have is that after each sync if I close the program but not reboot, the next time I try and sync, it knocks my imac off my airport base station. My ipad 4 does not do this. My ipod does not do this. They both sync as often as I wish with no problems. Only my iphone 5 messes up. I have done full restore as new on iphone 5 and still does this. Syncs just fine with a cable. Wifi connection on my phone stays connected and works great. Why the iphone knocks my imac off the router, and my other ios devices do not, is confusing.

9. Mrbobb, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013

Mrbobb macrumors 601

If u google this over the web, u will find, it's an on-going gripe Apple never gave a definite answer to. People have applied suggested "fixes" to varied degree of success. Short answer: WIFI sync is still a half-baked feature.