Wi-fi Sync, remove from mac?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by esadb, Jan 9, 2011.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

I had wifi sync on my iphone but it appears to be broken now with the newer itunes and what not.

Question is how do i remove the application now from my mac? I can't find it anywheres and i got that icon up in the task bar and i dont see a remove option or anything.

help is greatly appreciated!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I had the same issue. You have to go to the wifi sync site and download the uninstaller.

3. socco macrumors regular

I used the uninstaller and every time I restart it comes back. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

4. holy macrumors newbie

ok here first you have ti delete the folder wifisync at Library/application support/wifisync .then go to utilities and select activity monitor open it then scroll down you will see wifi sync in the end then click quit qt the upper left then force it the icon will be remove at the task bar.and your done

5. stressymum macrumors newbie

HOLY, you are my hero! What a life-saver! I have been trying to remove Wifi Sync from my iPhone 3GS ever since I downloaded it by mistake (too trigger happy with the trackpad, my husband says!). The uninstaller didn't work and I could not find anything else that did. Needless to say when I updated the phone with the latest iTunes 10.4, it ran into trouble and my phone had to be recovered. But of course, with the Wifi Sync in there, it wouldn't work. I was about to pay for a £25 Apple support ticket when I found your post. Now I do not have the pesky icon on my menu bar anymore and after a bit of a faff with iTunes, I have managed to restore my phone. Phew! Thank you, thank you.

6. robf21 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem but worse

I can not get rid of wifi sync. i tried running the terminal uninstall app given on the program website. then i tried to delete the folder wifisync at Library/application support/wifisync .then go to utilities and select activity monitor open it then scroll down you will see wifi sync in the end then click quit. it quits but then comes back after a few seconds.... please help